Heavy Equipment Technician, Journeyman
Grande Prairie, Alberta, CA
|Date Posted||Mar 27, 2014|
|Profession||Heavy Equipment Technician|
|Experience Level(s)||Mid-Level, Senior|
|Job Type(s)||Permanent, Full Time|
|Education Level(s)||High School, College - Technical Certificate|
Canyon Technical Services is a leader in the oilfield service industry, providing customized fracturing and pressure pumping solutions to oil and gas producers across the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin. At Canyon, our employees are ‘Champions’, dedicated to fulfilling our Vision of “improving the industry one job at a time” - our ‘Champions’ have made Canyon one of the most sought-after providers in our industry. If you are looking for a career within a leading organization that promotes Integrity, Relationships, Innovation and Success, then Canyon is looking for you!
Reporting to the Shop Foreman, a Heavy Equipment Technician is responsible for diagnosing and completing repairs on all company equipment. They will maintain, repair and overhaul heavy vehicles and industrial equipment in a shop environment. They interpret work orders and technical manuals, keep equipment cleaned, lubricated and maintained, diagnose faults or malfunctions, adjust equipment and repairs or replaces defective parts, components or systems. They ensure that the work done meets manufacturers' specifications and legislated regulations.
- Ability to interpret work orders and technical manuals; diagnose faults or malfunctions; adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems.
- Ensures all work done meets manufactures 'specifications and legislated regulations.
- Performs regular scheduled services on all equipment.
- Mentor and train apprentice mechanics.
- Ensures shop is clean and safe at all times.
- Familiarize and understand every safety practice expected by Canyon.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time to ensure deadlines are met.
- Has established a track record of producing work that is highly accurate, demonstrates attention to detail and is committed to high quality work.
- Takes a proactive approach to anticipating and preventing problems; generates alternative solutions to problems arriving at workable solutions.
- Work schedule will be 8 and 6 days rotation.
- Licensed Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician
- 2 – 4 years experience is required
- Class 1 drivers license would be an asset
- Valid safety tickets would be an asset
- Exposure to noise, fumes, dust, bending and standing for long periods
- Slip, trips and climbing hazards, overhead cranes suspended loads
- Some travel maybe required
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply online
- In person: 9102- 102 St, Clairmont, AB
- Fax: 888 249 3895
We thank all applicants; however only these selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Applications are being accepted until April 29, 2014
< < Back